A part of the "tri-cities" of South Western Ontario, Waterloo is located 100 km west of Toronto. Look for an apartment to rent in Waterloo if you love being part of a smaller, but active community. With acres of parkland and great shopping, you'll find everything you need in Waterloo.
Sports, Parks and Recreation in Waterloo
• RIM Park – This premier recreation facility and park is sure to attract people who want to find an apartment for rent in Waterloo. Besides hosting a variety of arts, cultural and other events, RIM Park features outdoor sports fields, a multi-purpose recreational facility, trails and a golf course.
• Waterloo Park – The "Jewel of the City" hosts a variety of events throughout the year and is the perfect place to get out and enjoy the outdoors.
Arts, Culture and Attractions in Waterloo
• Kitchener/Waterloo Oktoberfest – This world-class event is the largest Oktoberfest outside of Germany and is looked forward to all year by residents and all those who volunteer to make this event possible.
• Waterloo Festival for Animated Cinema – This annual festival celebrates the power of storytelling in a full-length, animated feature film.
• Waterloo Buskers Carnival – This vibrant festival, which takes place in uptown Waterloo, is a fun event for the whole family.
• Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery – This gallery features exhibits by both Canadian and International artists. This facility is great for residents as they offer award-winning exhibits, that change throughout the year, as well as classes and programs to help develop skill and appreciation for the craft of art and design.
Post-Secondary Education in Waterloo
Students can find studio or one bedroom apartments to rent near colleges or universities in Waterloo.
• University of Waterloo – This university is reputed for its engineering and math programs and is located near Waterloo Park.
• Conestoga College – This excellent college is known for its trade skills and culinary arts programs and has a main campus in Kitchener, with additional campuses in surrounding areas, including Waterloo.
• Wilfred Laurier University – This University is reputed for its business and liberal arts programs and the main campus is located in Waterloo.
Public Transportation in Waterloo
• Grand River Transit – This transit system operates in Waterloo, Kitchener and Cambridge.
• GO Transit – Commuters can make daily trips to and from Toronto using the GO service.