Set along the Niagara River, this Southern Ontario town enjoys the distinction of being one of Niagara’s largest growing communities. If you’re seeking apartments for rent close to a vibrant arts and diverse cultural scene, Fort Erie is one of the best places to enjoy festivals, special events, arts and culture and more within Southern Ontario.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Fort Erie
Move into one of Fort Erie’s apartment rentals and enjoy close proximity to some of the best things to do in the region: http://www.forteriecanada.com/news_events/media.shtml
• Safari Niagara – situated in nearby Stevensville, this interactive attraction is the perfect place for children of all ages and abilities to view more than 750 animal species in the great outdoors.
• Crystal Beach – you don’t have to fly south for Caribbean-rated sandy beaches. Crystal Beach is one of the region’s favourite attractions for tourists. Each summer, thousands of visitors from Niagara, Western New York and parts of the Greater Toronto area descend on this charming locale to swim, lounge, frolic and play in the sand.
• Old Fort Erie –the war of 1812 reimagined, in a recreated fort at the site of one of Canada’s bloodiest battles. Relive the sights and sounds from over 200 years ago, witness re-enacted battles and view films, behind these grey fortress walls. http://www.niagaraparks.com/niagara-falls-attractions/old-fort-erie.html
• Garrison Little Theatre – experience dinner theatre at its best in Fort Erie. This fun night out includes top-notch performances and a delicious meal before the show. Students can find apartments for rent in Fort Erie, a short drive away Niagara’s post-secondary institutions:
• Niagara College – this Niagara College offshoot opened its doors in 1998. The satellite campus features a teaching greenhouse and nursery, a teaching winery, a teaching brewery and more.
• Brock University – left-brain thinking and right-brain smarts come together in one interdisciplinary learning space. Students can major in business, education, health sciences, the humanities and more.
Transportation in Fort Erie, Ontario
Whether you’re living in one of Fort Erie’s apartment rentals or you’re just visiting the community, you can take advantage of the Fort Erie Transit to get about the town. Operating Monday through Saturday, from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Fort Erie Transit is the perfect way to get to Niagara Falls and beyond. Commuters can use the bus to transfer to the regional Niagara Regional Transit (NRT) buses when travelling within the region.