Located just about 400 km south of the Arctic Circle and on the Northern Shore of Great Slave Lake, Yellowknife, located in the Northwest Territories, is the largest city of the territories in northern Canada. Find Yellowknife homes for rent if you really love the great outdoors.
Economy in Yellowknife
• Mining – Residents of Yellowknife know their city is a hub for mining. The last gold mine may have shut down, but Yellowknife is still known for mining other materials including diamonds.
• Tourism – People visit Yellowknife all the time as there are many things this city offers that can’t be found further south. Rent an apartment in Yellowknife and you will discover the wonder of the Aurora Borealis and a multitude of trails, lakes and waterfalls.
Culture and Events in Yellowknife
• Folk on the Rocks – Great talent from far and wide come to perform at this annual festival. If you find a rental property in Yellowknife, you’ll have a great time attending this summer festival.
• Snow King Winter Festival – People that rent apartments in Yellowknife know how to have a good time in the winter, too. A great example of this is the Snow King Winter Festival. You’ll be amazed at the fun you have in this winter wonderland.
• Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre – This wonderful museum documents the culture and history of the Northwest Territories. They also host fun exhibits and events such as the annual “Theatre on the Lake.”