The playground of north Cariboo, Quesnel is a great place to find an apartment for rent. With its blend of rural charm and urban sophistication, Quesnel offers residents rich history, a quaint community and unlimited recreational activities.
Find an apartment for rent in Quesnel and enjoy the city’s offering of warm and cold weather activities. Whether you love to hit the slopes, golf, horseback ride or white water raft, there are countless things to do outdoors in Quesnel. Some of these activities include:
• Pinnacles Provincial Park – stretched across 124 hectares of pine forest overlooking Baker Creek, this park offers a picturesque view of Quesnel and the creek. The park’s main attraction, however, is the pinnacles themselves, which are unique geological formations formed over 12 million years ago.
• Quesnel Art Gallery – this hidden gem is just minutes away from downtown Quesnel’s heritage area. Art aficionados and casual enthusiast love dropping by to view works by some of the region’s finest artisans. Since 1968, the art gallery has showcased work from home-grown artists specializing in all forms of art – from moving impressionist paintings to glass works and intricately decorated pottery.
• Richbar Nursery Golf and Garden – since 1957 Quesnel residents have browsed this greenhouse space to view a wide variety of Cariboo plants. These days, residents also enjoy the golf course addition. This nine-hole course is peppered with challenges often found in championship courses. Whether you love golf or just browsing the garden centre, you’ll enjoy the tranquil space and all it has to offer.
Education in Quesnel
Students can find houses and apartments for rent in Quesnel, near the city’s two post-secondary institutions:
• College of New Caledonia (Quesnel Campus) – if you’re looking to continue your educational path locally in Quesnel, CNC can help you prepare for trades, university and health programs. Students also have the option of transferring university course credits at all BC universities. Are you a few years into your career? The college offers general interest courses focused on professional growth and career enhancement.
• University of Northern British Columbia (South Central Campus) – operated in partnership with College of New Caledonia, UNBC South-Central offers a wide variety of programs and courses. Students can choose to specialize in a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelor of Social Work, Master of Education, and/or First Nations certificates and Diplomas. Previous courses have included Local History in Barkerville and Creative Writing in Wells and Quesnel.
Transportation in Quesnel
If you reside in one of Quesnel’s apartment rentals and need a way to get around, Quesnel Transit System can help you get around the city. Greyhound Canada also services this stop regularly, on schedules between Kamloops and Prince George.