Stony Plain – The Town with the Painted Past wikipedia
Located west of Edmonton and Spruce Grove, Stony Plain is surrounded by Parkland County. Look for a rental property in Stony Plain if you are looking for a great place to live with an easy commute to Edmonton.
Recreation and Sports in Stony Plain
Fitness, nature and entertainment can all be found in Stony Plain. When looking for a new apartment or house for rent you'll be pleased to know you are close to a variety of recreation facilities.
• Stony Plain Public Golf Course – Residents will enjoy this beautiful golf course where they are encouraged to participate in pro and amateur championships.
• Stony Plain Outdoor Pool – This iconic landmark is open from May through August.
• Snowshoeing, Skiing, Skating – Don't become less active in the winter months. Find an affordable home to rent in Stony Plain and discover how the great trails in this community offer plenty of opportunity for winter activities.
• TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre – Available to residents of Spruce Grove, Stony Plain and Parkland County, find a variety of activities here such as personal trainers, AquaFit and spin classes.
Arts and Cultural Events in Stony Plain
Find an apartment in Stony Plain and enjoy a number of festivals throughout the year.
• Stony Plain-Kinsmen Farmers' Day and Rodeo Exhibition – This community event encourages residents to grow their own gardens.
• Blueberry Bluegrass and Country Music Festival – This event is held at the beginning of August each year and is the largest Bluegrass event in Western Canada.
• Cowboy Poetry and Country Music Gathering – This legendary event celebrates the culture of cowboys.
• Historic Outdoor Murals – These murals, depicting the town's rich past, are what gave Stony Plain the nickname of "the Town with the Painted Past."