Langley, British Columbia wikipedia
Find apartments for rent in Langley, British Columbia. Situated 40 minutes east of downtown Vancouver, Langley offers its 130,000 residents a blend of historic and heritage sites with local farms and urban amenities. If you choose to live in one of Langley's apartment rentals, you can enjoy easy access to the USA, the Pacific Ocean and breathtaking coastal mountain views.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Langley, British Columbia
Nestled in the Fraser Valley, Langley is ideally situated for outdoor, winter and water activities. Move in to one of Langley's numerous apartments for rent and be closer to fun things to do in Langley, such as:
• Fort Langley National Historic Site – you don't have to be a history buff to enjoy the birth place of British Columbia. Just over a century and a half ago, the Hudson's Bay Company established a post to trade with the First Nations of the West Coast at this site. Over time, this enterprise expanded and evolved into the creation of the colony of British Columbia.
• Fort Langley Village Framers' Market – each Saturday from May to December, B.C.'s farming and food vendors bring you fresh local produce, fruits, vegetables and flowers, cheeses, eggs, baked goods, chocolates, jams and more. Whether you're on the hunt for fresh groceries or hand-made items like soaps, creams, jewellery or woodworking, this weekly affair is sure to see you return time and again.
• Equestrian Facilities – for those who love all things equestrian, B.C.'s “Horse Capital” is the perfect place to appreciate equestrian activities from the ground and the saddle. Visit any one of the city's top six facilities to take riding lessons, view horse shows and competitions, be regaled with cowboy tales and enjoy gorgeous riding trails.
• Numerous scenic parks and trails to walk, bike, hike, horseback ride or enjoy family picnics.
• Golf courses and sport facilities dedicated to tennis, basketball, soccer, baseball and more.
Post-secondary schools in Langley, British Columbia
Students can find apartments for rent near post-secondary schools in Langley.
• Kwantlen Polytechnic University (Langley) – better known as KPU, Kwantlen is one of British Columbia's largest post-secondary institutions. Each year, over 20,000 students enjoy enrolment across four campus locations. The Langley campus is home to KPU's School of Horticulture, music programs and science programs, such as biology, chemistry, physics and geology.
• Redeemer Pacific College (RPC) – established from the heart of the Catholic Church and its teaching traditions, Redeemer Pacific is a space where students can enjoy studying literature, theology, history, philosophy, arts and more, while engaging with the Church's tradition.
Transportation in Langley, British Columbia
If you're living in one of Langley's apartment rentals or just visiting for a day, the South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority has your transportation needs covered. Better known to locals as the TransLink, this public regional bus route can help you get to where you want to go in the City of Langley.