The Town of Cobourg, Ontario is nestled in the picturesque county of Northumberland. Set along the north shore of Lake Ontario, this lakeside community is roughly halfway between Toronto and Kingston, Ontario. Find apartments for rent in Cobourg if you enjoy a small town atmosphere, vibrant downtown and renowned waterfront.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Cobourg, Ontario
Choose one of Cobourg’s numerous apartment rentals and enjoy being a short drive from some of the best things to do in Cobourg:
• Cobourg Waterfront Trail – situated a short walk from downtown Cobourg, this top-rated marina offers campgrounds, nature trails, 9 hectares of beautiful parkland and more. Whether you want to splash in the water or walk along the white sandy beach, this destination is the perfect summer destination for the entire family.
• Sifton-Cook Heritage Centre – a seasonal destination, this attraction is a proud homage to the town’s rich history, dating back to its founding in 1798.
• Cobourg East Pierhead – situated on the Cobourg harbor near the lighthouse is one of the most breathtaking views from the lake, without getting wet.
• Art Gallery of Northumberland (Cobourg) – this public gallery promotes and provides access to art and related programs within the community. Gallery guests can enjoy a permanent collection of art, educational activities, workshops, special exhibits and much more.
Post-secondary schools in Cobourg, Ontario
Find student apartment rentals near Cobourg’s post-secondary institutions:
• Fleming College (Cobourg Campus) – since 1971, this campus has offered post-secondary education options within Cobourg. Students can find apartments for rent near Fleming College Cobourg, where they can study for a full-time Esthetician diploma program, take one of several continuing education courses or choose the academic upgrading program to gain their Grade 12 Equivalency.
Transportation in Cobourg, Ontario
Cobourg Transit, a fully accessible community transit system, services the town of Cobourg. Residents who need to transit to Port Hope may also use the hourly Cobourg-Port Hope Shuttle to get to and from the neighbouring town.