Located south of Toronto, across Lake Ontario, St. Catharines is just west of Niagara Falls and the U.S. border. A part of the Niagara Region, St. Catharines is a great place to find a rental property with acres of parkland and access to big city amenities.
Sports, Recreation and Leisure in St. Catharines
St. Catharines is a great community to stay active in. Find an apartment to rent in St. Catharines if you enjoy staying active in a natural surrounding.
• The Bruce Trail – This great hiking trail travels along the Niagara Escarpment. St. Catharines offers great access to this gorgeous hiking path.
• Walker's Creek – From playgrounds to trails, this park has it all!
• Waterfront Trail – This paved trail goes along the shores of Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River.
Arts, Culture, Events and Shopping in St. Catharines
• SCENE Music Fest – This exciting, annual, one-day-only music fest features artists from all genres. Nearly every pub, bar and coffee shop in the downtown area transforms into a venue during SCENE.
• Niagara Wine Festival – This annual event celebrates the efforts of local winemakers and vineyard owners.
• The Pen Centre – Take care of all your shopping needs at this humongous shopping mall.
• TAG Art Gallery – This gallery features the work of local artists and hosts the year-end graphic design show for Niagara College every year.
Post-Secondary Education in St. Catharines
• Brock University – This university offers degrees in a variety of subjects and is known for promoting community involvement amongst its students.
• Niagara College – The Niagara-on-the-Lake campus of this school, with the main campus located in Welland, focuses mainly on business and horticulture. Public Transportation in St. Catharines
Public Transportation in St. Catharines
• St. Catharines Transit – Residents can connect across the city using this bus system. Also find bus connections to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Welland and Niagara Falls.
• GO Transit – Commuters can take a train to Toronto and surrounding cities of the GTA every weekday.