Located in the eastern part of the GTA, Scarborough is greener than any other part of Toronto. Move to Scarborough if you are looking for a culturally diverse area full of its own character and flavour.
Sports, Recreation and Nature in Scarborough
Scarborough is surrounded by beautiful scenery with plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors.
• Scarborough Bluffs – The Bluffs stretch along Lake Ontario and feature various hiking trails and picnic areas.
• Highland Creek – This urban creek, watershed area is home to a wide range of wildlife. Perfect for nature lovers hoping to catch a glimpse of a special animal.
• Rouge Park – Enjoy hiking, camping and beaches in this gigantic park.
• Nike Malvern Sports Complex – This fairly new sports complex includes a basketball court and running track.
• Golf courses – Due to the beautiful scenery, there are a variety of public and private golf courses in Scarborough including the Tam O'Shanter Golf Course and Detonia Park (with private tennis courts nearby.)
Shopping and Attractions in Scarborough
Scarborough, with its beautiful and natural surroundings, is a great place to find something to do.
• The Toronto Zoo – Canada's Premier Zoo features over 5,000 animals representing 500 different species.
• Scarborough Town Centre – One of the largest malls in the GTA, you'll be sure to find any store or service you're looking for here.
• Albert Campbell Square – This square in the centre of Scarborough hosts many local events.
Education in Scarborough
Students can find basement apartments near the two post-secondary institutions in Scarborough.
• University of Toronto Scarborough – Find great education in a positive atmosphere at this campus of UofT.
• Centennial College – This community college is one of the most culturally diverse post-secondary institutions in Canada.
Transportation in Scarborough
• Toronto Transit Commission – The TTC operates three subway stations in Scarborough: Victoria Park, Warden and Kennedy. The Scarborough RT also runs north and east from Kennedy Station.
• GO Transit – GO offers two major commuter lines through Scarborough, the Lakeshore East line and the Stouffville line.