A part of the "tri-cities" of South Western Ontario, Kitchener is located 100 km west of Toronto. Kitchener is a great place to live and find apartment rentals for your family, with a variety of gorgeous parks, a great arts and culture scene and countless things to do that will improve your quality of life.
Sports, Parks and Recreation in Kitchener
Over 100 km of trails are perfect for biking, hiking or walking in Kitchener. Along with many other facilities, it is easy to maintain a healthy lifestyle while renting in Kitchener.
• Victoria Park – Playgrounds, soccer fields and picnic areas make this park a popular destination for residents of Kitchener. Also find easy access to the Iron Horse Trail, a part of the Trans Canada Trail.
• Doon Valley & Rockway Golf Courses – These beautiful courses with the full range of golf amenities are the perfect places to putt and drive.
• Community Centres – You'll find a variety of community centres and recreation facilities across the city where you can participate in a wide range of sports, from baseball to tennis.
Arts, Culture and Attractions in Kitchener
• Centre in the Square – This beautiful theatre produces a variety of entertaining productions throughout the year.
• The Aud – Home to the Kitchener Rangers, this multi-purpose arena also hosts a number of concerts.
• The Museum – This museum is great for children featuring exciting and very educational exhibits.
• Kitchener Blues Festival – The largest free blues festival in Canada is an event residents get excited for.
Post-Secondary Education in Kitchener
Students can find bachelor or one bedroom apartments to rent near colleges or universities in Kitchener.
• University of Waterloo – This university is reputed for its engineering and math programs and is located near Waterloo park.
• Conestoga College – This excellent college is know for its trade skills and culinary arts programs.
• Wilfred Laurier University – This University is reputed for its business and liberal arts programs and the main campus is located in Waterloo.
Public Transportation in Kitchener
• Grand River Transit – This transit system operates in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
• GO Transit – Commuters can make daily trips to and from Toronto using the GO service.