Find house and apartment rentals in Greater Sudbury, Northern Ontario’s most populous city. The City of Lakes is home to over 160,000 residents and four-season outdoor adventures.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Sudbury
With more than 300 lakes and a vibrant arts and culture community, there are many things to do in Sudbury.
• Science North – Northern Ontario’s most popular destination can be found in the Sudz. Two snowflake-shaped buildings house an educational resource for visitors from across the province. Children and adults can enjoy the IMAX theatre, planetarium, science-based programs and exhibits, and much more.
• Dynamic Earth – this Nickel City attraction showcases Sudbury’s mining heritage in an earth sciences focused exhibition. The museum is also home to the Big Nickel – one of the city’s famous landmarks.
• Adanac Ski Hill – this city-run downtown locale offers 240 vertical feet of skiable terrain. The site also operates skiing and snowboarding lessons, equipment rental, holiday programs and school visits.
• Art Gallery of Sudbury – contemporary art meets local history in a turn-of-the-century mansion, which was once home to William J. Bell.
Education in Sudbury, Ontario
Students can find apartments and houses for rent in Sudbury, near the city’s post-secondary institutions:
• Laurentian University – this primarily undergraduate university is home to the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and Canada’s largest bilingual distance education program. Students can select courses in humanities, medicine, social sciences, sciences, management and professional focused programs.
• Cambrian College – a provincial funded institution with campuses in Sudbury, Espanola and Little Current. Cambrian is Northern Ontario’s largest college, with an enrolment of more than 4,400 full-time students. Students can study numerous fields, including Anishnaabe studies, hospitality, design, community services, justice and more.
• Collège Boréal – founded in 1995, this francophone college has trained its students in technical programs for a bilingual labour market. The school offers more than 75 programs in health sciences, trades, advancement, arts and business.
Transportation in Sudbury, Ontario
If you’re living in one of Sudbury’s rentals and need a way to get around, Greater Sudbury Transit links riders with work, school, and play. Most routes operate daily, with the exception of Christmas Day. Residents with physical disabilities can use Handi-Transit, which operates on a door-to-door basis.
• Sudbury Airport – The local airport connects Greater Sudbury with other parts of Canada, including Thunder Bay, Timmins, Toronto, Ottawa, North Bay, and Kapuskasing.
Sudbury | Northern Ontario | Events in Sudbury | Science North | Dynamic Earth | Big Nickel | Art Gallery of Sudbury | Laurentian University | Cambrian College | Collège Boréal | Greater Sudbury Transit | Handi-Transit | Sudbury Airport
More Apartments for Rent