Find house and apartment rentals in Saint John, New Brunswick – the province’s largest city. The “Fundy City” is located on the north shore of the Bay of Fundy’s breathtaking coastline, at the mouth of the Saint John River.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in St. John
With a wealth of natural resources and a vibrant arts community, there are many things to do in Saint John:
• Irving Nature Park – located just minutes from Saint John’s downtown core is a 600 acre park dedicated to environmental protection. With a number of trails, lookout points, picnic sites, outdoor activities and marine animals, the park offers a wide array of activities for the entire family to enjoy.
• Fundy Trail – experience panoramic views of the Bay of Fundy’s coastline along this walking/cycling trail, with roughly a dozen lookout spots.
• Imperial Theatre – once described as “the most beautifully restored theatre in Canada,” by the Globe and Mail, this theatre serves as a venue for Symphony New Brunswick, Theatre New Brunswick, Saint John Theatre Company and Opera New Brunswick.
• St. Martins Caves – these sandstone caves serve as a gateway into the Bay of Fundy, where nature enthusiasts can walk the ocean floor at low tide.
Education in St. John
Students can find apartments and houses for rent in Saint John, near the city’s post-secondary institutions:
• University of New Brunswick, Saint John – the oldest English language university in Canada founded its Saint John campus in 1964. The campus of just 3,000 students boasts an imitate learning environment where professors know their students by name.
• New Brunswick Community College – this community college offers more than 90 programs at six campuses across the province. Program areas include apprentice trades and courses in engineering technology, business administration, environment and marine systems as well as hospitality and tourism.
Transportation in Saint John, New Brunswick
Those renting in Saint John can use Saint John Transit to travel throughout the city. The transit system is the largest in the province, serving about 2.5 million passengers per year.
• Saint John Airport – Residents of Saint John can use the local airport to fly to such destinations as Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, and Mexico. The airport is equipped with free Wi-Fi, free USB connections and free power.
Saint John | New Brunswick | Irving Nature Park | Fundy Trail | Imperial Theatre | Symphony New Brunswick | Theatre New Brunswick | Saint John Theatre Company | Opera New Brunswick | St. Martins Caves | University of New Brunswick, Saint John | New Brunswick Community College | Saint John Transit | Saint John Airport
More Apartments for Rent