Kelowna, British Columbiawikipedia
Those living in Kelowna’s apartment rentals love the “Okanagan Lake” locale. Officially British Columbia’s third largest metropolitan area, Kelowna offers its residents superb views, numerous outdoor activities and access to some of Canada’s finest post-secondary schools.
Things to do in Kelowna
Find Kelowna apartment rentals and you’ll be able to enjoy countless recreational activities, including:
• Kelowna’s Pathway & Bicycle Network – nearly 300 kms of on-street bike lanes and 40 kms of paved multi-use paths exist in Kelowna. This allows cyclists paved and safe routes to get around, exercise and enjoy mother nature.
• Okanagan Valley, BC – lakes, beaches, pine forests, gardens, orchards and vineyards abound in this southern British Columbia hotspot. Residents and visitors alike love the warm climate in the summer and the countless outdoor and water activities the area provides.
• Skiing, boating, hiking, biking and golfing are just some of the great outdoor activities to do in Kelowna.
Education in Kelowna
Students can find houses and apartments for rent in Kelowna a bus ride away the city’s numerous post-secondary institutions:
• The University of British Columbia (Okanagan Campus) ¬– over 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students call this post-secondary school home. Located in the Okanagan Valley, this space has trained students in nursing, arts and sciences, education, engineering, health and social development, medicine, management and more.
• Southern Medical Program – launched in 2011, this new medical program aims to increase the number of new physicians within the province. The program runs for four years, after which graduates move on to do their residency training in one of over 50 specialty areas.
• Okanagan College – the province’s largest college outside the lower mainland and Victoria, Okanagan College over 8,500 students call this institution home. Since the 1960s, this school has played a vital role in the academic development of residents within and outside of the region.
• Justice Institute of British Columbia (Okanagan Campus) –this post-secondary institution specializes in training professionals in justice, public safety and social services. JIBC’s Okanagan campus is one of several in the region, including Vancouver, Victoria, Chilliwack and Maple Ridge.
• Sprott Shaw Campus – since its inception in 1903, this private career training institution has provided real world skills to students in British Columbia. Over the years the college has expanded its course offering to include hospitality, health care, tourism, business, administrative and international studies.
• The Centre for Arts and Technology – established over 30 years ago by media and education leaders, this private college in digital and technical training continually molds successful students in animation, audio engineering, fashion design, graphic design, interior design, filmmaking, photography, event management, and network security, to name a few.
Transportation in Kelowna, British Columbia
Those working or renting in Kelowna can use the Kelowna Regional Transit System to travel across the city and its surrounding areas.
More Apartments for Rent