Find house and apartment rentals in Ottawa. With a population of more than 100,000 people, Kanata, Ontario is one of the city’s largest suburbs.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Kanata
Find Kanata rental housing and you’ll be able to enjoy a number of recreational activities.
• Ron Maslin Playhouse – operated by the Kanata Theatre community organization, this 350-seat theatre has served the community since 1996.
• Kanata Recreation Complex – community residents can enjoy the complex’s wide array of recreational activities for the entire family.
• Jack Charron Arena – enjoy public ice skating sessions, learn how to skate or enjoy a game of ice hockey.
• Hazeldean Branch – the local community library has computers to access free Internet and word processing software, meeting rooms that can be booked and more traditional offerings.
Education in Kanata, Ontario
Students can find apartments and houses for rent in Kanata a bus ride away from the Ottawa region’s many post-secondary institutions:
• Carleton University – this local university is renowned for having strong programs in such fields as engineering, journalism and public policy.
• University of Ottawa – with an enrolment that surpasses 40,000 students, the university is one of the top five largest post-secondary institutions in Canada.
• Algonquin College – three campuses serve Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec in applied arts and technology-focused courses.
• Dominican University College – students interesting in a bilingual education in philosophy and technology often pick this school, which offers civil and pontifical bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in these fields.
• Saint Paul University – a fully bilingual post-secondary institution with courses in human sciences, philosophy, theology and canon law.
• La Cité collégiale – Ontario’s largest French-language college provides more than 90 programs to over 5000 full-time students from across Ontario, Canada and other parts of the world.
Transportation in Kanata, Ontario
Those renting or working in Kanata can use OC Transpo to travel throughout Ottawa. Whether your trip takes you from Kanata to Orléans, Barrhaven or downtown Ottawa, the city’s fleet of more than 1,000 buses will help you reach your final destination.
More Apartments for Rent