Find house and apartment rentals in Fredericton, New Brunswick. The province’s capital city is also its third largest and is one of New Brunswick’s main urban centres.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Fredericton
With a wealth of natural resources and a vibrant arts community, there are many things to do in Fredericton:
• Fredericton Region Museum (formerly the York Sunbury Museum) – this 4,000 square foot exhibit space showcases more than 30,000 artefacts that offer insight into Fredericton’s history.
• Beaverbrook Art Gallery – Lord Beaverbrook gifted this art gallery to New Brunswick in 1959, with the donation of valuable British and Canadian works of art.
• The Playhouse – this performing arts venue has served as a playhouse for professional performances by local, national and international artists and companies.
• Harvest Jazz & Blues Festival – every September Fredericton comes alive for six days as performers take the stage in dozens of venues across the city’s downtown. Attendants can enjoy electric blues, smooth jazz and funk music from East Coast and international artists.
• Parks, Museums and Art Galleries.
Education in Fredericton
• University of New Brunswick – founded in 1785, UNB has the honour of being the oldest English language university in Canada, and North America’s oldest public university.
• St. Thomas University – New Brunswick’s only Catholic university offers programs in a variety of liberal arts fields, such as journalism, education, native studies and criminology.
• University of Fredericton – Canada’s newest private university was launched in 2006. The online-degree granting university grants certificates and graduate degree programs in business leadership.
Transportation in Fredericton, New Brunswick
Those renting in Fredericton can use the City of Fredericton Transit to travel throughout the city. The transit system operates 28 buses on nine routes, six days a week. Fredericton Transit also includes a parallel service, Dial-A-Bus, for residents with a disability.
• Fredericton International Airport – Fredericton locals and visitors can use this airport to fly locally and abroad, to such destinations as Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, and Mexico.
Fredericton | New Brunswick | Fredericton Region Museum | Beaverbrook Art Gallery | The Playhouse | Harvest Jazz & Blues Festival | University of New Brunswick | St. Thomas University | University of Fredericton | Fredericton Transit | Dial-A-Bus | Fredericton International Airport
More Apartments for Rent