Oshawa – Prepare to be amazed wikipedia
Located in the Regional Municipality of Durham on the shore of Lake Ontario, Oshawa is considered a part of the Golden Horseshoe and the GTA. Find apartments to rent in Oshawa and you will always be relaxed, entertained and close to many facilities to help you stay active.
Sports, Recreation and Leisure in Oshawa
Oshawa is a bicycle-friendly community and has a wide range of recreation complexes, athletic fields, trails, pools, playgrounds and beaches. Find family-friendly rental properties in Oshawa if you're looking for a new city to call home.
• Waterfront Trail – This trail is perfect for biking or running, offering scenic views while you stay active.
• Lakeview Park – Find swings, splash pads, sports fields and picnic areas in this beautiful park.
• Civic Recreation Complex – Complete with a pool, aerobics studio, sports fields and batting cages.
Events, Shopping and Attractions in Oshawa
Oshawa is a great multicultural city offering events and attractions to support their diverse culture.
• Fiesta Week – This week-long festival gives residents a chance to try different foods from all ethnicities.
• Peony Festival – The Oshawa Valley Botanical Gardens, home of Canada's largest peony collection, hosts this annual event complete with a judged peony show.
• The Robert McLaughlin Gallery – This contemporary gallery is a great place to visit with unique events and exhibitions.
• Ontario Philharmonic – Enjoy classical concerts for a wonderful musical experience.
• Canadian Automotive Museum – This museum tells the story of Canada and Oshawa's history, which is very involved in the automotive industry.
• Harmony/Taunton Shopping Centre – Residents will be impressed with the variety of shopping and dining offered in downtown Oshawa.
Education in Oshawa
Students can find one-bedroom rentals near the three post-secondary institutions in Oshawa.
• University of Ontario Institute of Technology – Students can take courses in the technology, manufacturing and engineering fields.
• Durham College – The main campus of this school is located in Oshawa.
• Trent University – This conveniently located campus offers flexible learning options.
Transportation in Oshawa
City of Oshawa | Regional Municipality of Durham | Golden Horseshoe | Waterfront Trail | Lakeview Park
• GO Transit – This service connects Oshawa with Toronto and Hamilton, with many stops in between.
• Via Rail – The Oshawa Train station is owned by Via Rail and gives residents service along the Quebec City-Windsor Corridor.
• Greyhound Canada – These private intercity buses connect residents to Toronto, Port Hope, Cobourg and Belleville.
Civic Recreation Complex | Fiesta Week | The Oshawa Valley Botanical Gardens | The Robert McLaughlin Gallery
Ontario Philharmonic | Canadian Automotive Museum | Harmony/Taunton Shopping Centre
University of Ontario Institute of Technology | Durham College | Trent University
GO Transit | Via Rail | Greyhound Canada
More Apartments for Rent