Delta, British Columbia wikipedia
Find apartments for rent in Delta, British Columbia. Located just a half-hour drive south of Vancouver, Delta is comprised of three communities—Ladner, Tsawwassen and North Delta. The Greater Vancouver locale is surrounded by water on three of its sides, with the Fraser River in the north, Georgia Straight in the west and Boundary Bay in the south. With its rich aquatic geography, it’s no surprise that marine enthusiasts, nature lovers and equestrian fans flock to this border community to enjoy the best of the great outdoors.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Delta, British Columbia
When you live in one of Delta’s many apartment rentals, you’re ideally situated near a diverse selection of local activities. Some of the most popular activities in Delta include:
• Water Sports, Hiking and Camping, Dolphin and Whale Watching, Air Tours, Wildlife and Nature Reserves, Vineyards, Beaches and Parks.
Education in Delta, British Columbia
Many students opt to to rent apartments in Delta, a short drive away from many of Greater Vancouver’s post-secondary institutions, including:
• Douglas College – located a 20-minute drive north east of Delta, this post-secondary institution has long served the region since 1970. Douglas College’s major campuses are located in New Westminster, Coquitlam and Surrey (training centre). Each year, more than 14,000 students call Douglas College home.
• British Columbia Institute of Technology – this polytechnic institution boasts five campuses across the Metro Vancouver area, with a main campus in Burnaby, Aerospace Technology campus in Richmond, Marine campus in North Vancouver, a downtown campus in Vancouver and an Annacis Island campus in Delta.
• Vancouver Community College – is British Columbia’s largest and oldest community college. Since 1965, students from around the globe have flocked to VCC to benefit from the schools 140-plus certificate and diploma programs. Vancouver Community College has two campuses in the city of Vancouver, just a half-hour away from Delta, BC.
• Langara College – serves approximately 21,000 students each year through university, career and continuing education programs. Students can choose from a wide variety of specialties in Arts, Business, Science and Technology, Humanities and Social Services as well as Health. Residents of the Greater Vancouver area, love Langara’s university-level programs and qualifications, including baccalaureate degrees, associate degrees, diplomas, certifications and citations.
Transportation in Delta, British Columbia
When you’re renting in Delta and need a way to get around, TransLink (the South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority) has you covered across Metro Vancouver.
More Apartments for Rent