The town of Chatham, Ontario is part of the Chatham-Kent municipality. Comprised of Chatham, Wallaceburg, Tilbury, Blenheim, Ridgetown, Wheatley and Dresden, this primarily rural area is home to just over 100,000 residents. Those who choose to make Chatham their home enjoy a humid continental climate – find apartments for rent in Chatham if you love cold and snowy winters and warm and humid summers.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Chatham, Ontario
Choose one of Chatham’s numerous apartment rentals and enjoy being a short drive from some of the best things to do in the town:
• Thames Art Gallery – dedicated to promoting enjoyment of visual arts, this space emphasizes public arts education programming, multidisciplinary exhibitions and art appreciation.
• C.M. Wilson Conservation Area – a 30-hectare property situated 8.5 km south of Chatham. Visitors can enjoy a number of outdoor activities, including camping at one of 100 sites, picnics, an adventure playground, water festival, canoeing, fishing, sailing, nature trails and more.
• Buxton National Historic Site & Museum – this off-the-beaten path gem is an informative space where museum guests can learn more about the Underground Railroad and the history of slavery in Canada and the US. Those who venture here will be rewarded with little known facts about the early Black settlement in Canada and historical Buxton, home to about 2,000 residents.
Post-secondary schools in Chatham, Ontario
Find student apartment rentals near Chatham’s post-secondary institutions:
• St. Clair College (Thames Campus) – set in a rural environment, this intimate campus serves just over 1,300 students each year. Students can choose from on-campus housing options or find apartments for rent near the Thames Campus.
• University of Guelph (Ridgetown Campus) – one of Canada’s top comprehensive universities, this institution offers students a wide range of academic programs at undergraduate and graduate levels. This extension of the university is best known for its agricultural programming.
Transportation in Chatham, Ontario
Whether you’re living in one of Chatham’s apartments for rent or just popping by for a visit, the region is well served by trail and bus options. Chatham is served locally by CK Transit’s conventional and accessible transit bus routes. Residents can also transit to Windsor, London, Toronto, Detroit and more via Greyhound Canada.
The closest airports served by regional carriers are situated in Windsor and London.
More Apartments for Rent