For those who enjoy the finer things in life, Westmount, Quebec is the perfect place to find apartments for rent. This affluent on-island suburb of Montréal is home to more than 20,000 residents. Find apartments for rent in Westmount if you enjoy living in a residential community, and the community’s predominantly bilingual blend – about 77 per cent of the population speaks both of Canada’s official languages.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Westmount, Quebec
If you choose to live in one of Westmount’s apartments for rent, you can enjoy being a short distance from:
• Bell Sports Complex (Complexe sportif Bell) – are your team colours red, white and blue? Do you count down the days until the next Montréal Canadiens game? This destination is made for you – whether you want to see Les Canadiens go for another Stanley Cup victory or catch them practicing on the ice.
• Westmount Public Library – this space is dedicated to enriching the community through a welcoming environment, where visitors can read, learn and discover. Local residents brag about its collection and architecture. Some even call it one of the best libraries to visit, in all of Canada.
Post-secondary schools in Westmount, Quebec
Find student apartments for rent near universities and colleges in Montréal, a short drive from Westmount. This on-island suburb of Montréal, enjoys close proximity to the island’s six universities and twelve junior colleges.
• Concordia University – each year, over 46,000 students choose to start or continue their bachelor’s, master’s, and/or doctoral degree journey at this university in a city.
• McGill University – established in 1821, this institution is one of Canada’s premier universities. McGill boasts the most Nobel laureates and Rhodes Scholars in all of Canada, with 12 and 138 a piece.
• Université de Sherbrooke – this French-language university has two campuses in Montreal, one located in Sherbrooke and the other in Longueuil. Each year over 35,000 students attend the university for its vast offering in undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs.
• Université de Montréal – if you’re looking for an education in French, then look no further than this francophone institution. With more than 650 undergraduate and graduate programs, 71 doctoral programmes and its recognition as one of the top 100 universities in the world, UdeM is the perfect place to gain higher education.
Those who need to complete two years of college before heading off to university can find apartment rentals near Champlain Regional College, Dawson College, John Abbott College, Marianopolis College, Collège Ahuntsic, Collège André-Grasset, Cégep André-Laurendeau, Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne, Collège Édouard-Montpetit, Collège Gérald-Godin, or Collège Jean-de-Bréb.