Oakville is a beautiful lakeside town that is in the Halton Region and a part of the GTA. Oakville is west of Mississauga, east of Burlington and situated on the shores of Lake Ontario. Look for apartment rentals in Oakville if you want to live in a town with great neighbourhoods and quality schools.
Arts, Culture and Events in Oakville
• Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts – This centre provides residents with a chance to express themselves through dance, music, storytelling and theatre.
• Oakville Museum at Erchless Estate – This museum consists of several homes, including the home of Oakville's founding family, the Chisolms.
• Downtown Oakville Jazz Festival – This annual event is one of the leading jazz festivals in the GTA.
Sports, Recreation and Leisure in Oakville
Look for apartments or houses to rent in Oakville and you'll have the use of acres of park space with many hiking trails.
• Coronation Park – Enjoy use of playgrounds, splash pads, volleyball and picnic areas at this park.
• Glen Abbey Community Centre – Find programs for all ages at this recreation centre, including areas for squash, swimming and skating.
• Bronte Marina – For those interested in boating, Oakville features an impressive harbour complete with events throughout the year.
• Glen Abbey Golf Course – This PGA-recognized course has hosted the Canadian Open many times.
Education in Oakville
• Appleby College – This private boarding school educates children from grades 7 through 12.
• Sheridan College – Students can find 1 bedroom apartments near Oakville's only post-secondary facility which is known for animation and business.
Transportation in Oakville
Oakville has a variety of transportation options to help commuters travel within Oakville and to other parts of the GTA.
• Oakville Transit – provides bus service throughout Oakville.
• GO Transit – Commuter rail and bus service operates from Bronte and Oakville stations.
• Via Rail – Provides residents with services along the line between Windsor and Quebec corridor, and operates from Oakville station.