Port Hope, Ontario wikipedia
At the mouth of the Ganaraska River lies the township of Port Hope, Ontario. This 280 km stretch of land is home to 16,200 residents and some of the best antique shopping in Ontario. Find apartments for rent in Port Hope if you love living close to a waterfront, strolling along one of the best preserved main streets in Ontario, antique shopping and outdoor adventures.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Port Hope, Ontario
Move into one of Port Hope’s many apartment rentals and be close to a number of local attractions, including:
• Capitol Theatre – for more than 80 years the Capitol has provided entertainment options to the community at large. Built at the dawn of the Great Depression, this heritage theatre is only one of two remaining atmospheric theatres in all of Canada.
• Treetop Trekking (Ganaraska) – adrenaline pumping adventure for the whole family. Spend an unforgettable day trekking from tree to tree on suspended bridges, Tarzan swings, swinging logs, cable traverses and zip lines! From beginner courses to advanced obstacles, this destination offers fun activities for those 9 years and up.
• Canadian Fire Fighters Museum – for more than 30 years, this growing collection has told the story of fire fighting in Canada, dating as far back as 1759 to present. This passage through time showcases a variety of fire apparatus, fire equipment, photographs and archival materials that paint a picture of just how far this essential service has come.
• Port Hope Conservation Area – tucked beside the Ganaraska River lies 89.94 acres of woodlands. Rich in plant life and scenic trails, this green space is a hotbed of activity for hikers, photographers, and nature lovers. It’s also not uncommon to catch a glimpse of picnics or fishing rods down by the water.
• Antique shopping on Main Street.
Transportation in Port Hope, Ontario
Whether you’re currently living in one of Port Hope’s apartment rentals or just viewing apartments for rent in the town, you’ll be happy to know that the township has transit options for residents and guests alike. Port Hope Transit operates from Monday to Friday (7 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and Saturday (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Travel within the urban area of Port Hope and to Cobourg’s Northumberland Mall, Walmart and Northumberland Hills Hospital via Port Hope Transit. The bus departs from the local Town Hall every hour on the hour.
Connect with other parts of Canada with VIA Rail Canada, which serves the Port Hope railway station along the Toronto-Montreal corridor.
More Apartments for Rent