Central Calgary – The Heart of the New West wikipedia
Located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Calgary is the fifth-largest metropolitan area in Canada. With the lowest unemployment rate and the fastest growing economy in Canada, there are many reasons to consider looking for an apartment in Calgary.
Neighbourhoods in Central Calgary
Calgary is home to some award-winning neighbourhoods. Find an apartment for rent in one of the main neighbourhoods of Downtown Calgary:
• Eau Claire – One of Calgary's most popular areas, located immediately north of Downtown and south of Bow River. Look for an apartment in Eau Claire if you enjoy festivals, markets, parks and a variety of shopping and restaurants. Find a great riverside apartment in this neighbourhood.
• Downtown West End – This is a great residential area with plenty of apartments to choose from. Consider this neighbourhood if you are interested in being close to great places for family outings, such as the Telus World of Science, the Shaw Millennium Park and paved, riverside multi-use paths.
• Chinatown – If you're looking for an area with rich cultural diversity, this is the neighbourhood for you. You'll find yourself close to the Chinese Cultural Centre and Dragon City Mall.
• Downtown East Village – This neighbourhood is located within the Rivers District. Find an apartment or townhome in this area of Calgary. Live close to the Stampede Grounds and the Calgary Zoo.
• Downtown Commercial Core – This is the centre of the city. Find an apartment in this neighbourhood if you like to live where you work. Apartments in the surrounding areas will provide comfortable accommodations with an easy commute to wherever you need to go.
• Beltline – One of Calgary's largest and most popular areas located immediately south of Downtown and west of Elbow River. Look for an apartment in the Beltline district if you enjoy living close to hip restaurants and popular shopping destinations.
Public Transportation in Calgary
Get from your apartment in Calgary to work or play by using one of the following options:
• The C-Train – This light rail system consists of 3 lines and assists close to half of the downtown working population in their daily commute.
• Calgary Bus System – Over 160 routes and operated by 800 vehicles
• Multi-use paths – Bike, walk or rollerblade on paved paths spanning over 635 km.
More Apartments for Rent